Find parts for your car
Used Volvo Parcel Back Shelves
All used Volvo Parcel Back Shelves listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Volvo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Parcel Back Shelves
The Volvo back parcel shelf is a functional, removable shelf, providing an extra storage space in the car, while also serving to act as a cover to the boot space, hiding the contents from view.
The Volvo back parcel shelf is positioned inside the car, above the boot, behind the back seats.
The Volvo back parcel shelf is made of a rigid and durable plastic and covered with a material that is hard wearing and aesthetically pleasing, usually matching the rest of the car's interior furnishings. Often held in places by straps or pegs, the back parcel shelf can be removed when more boot space is required. It also functions as a cover for the boot space, hiding luggage and belongings from sight. Some back parcel shelves are retractable and can be pulled out when needed and pushed in when not. Others can be folded away, or work with a hinged mechanism.
The Volvo back parcel shelf, although hard wearing, will eventually need replacing due to general wear and tear. If broken, worn out or damaged, when replacing the Volvo back parcel shelf it's important to make sure it's compatible with the make and model of your car. Placing objects on a badly fitted parcel shelf can compromise the strength of the parcel shelf and could cause structural damage, as could using it to carry objects that are too heavy for it. It's important that the parcel shelf fits your car properly and is secured well, to avoid it flying up and potentially hitting passengers in the back and becoming a hazard by obstructing the driver's view.
- The Volvo 240 is considered the benchmark by which all car safety standards are set. The 240 is so well identified with driver, passenger, and pedestrian safety that the US government even purchased 24 of them just to test for themselves how safe they were.
- The Volvo V40 is considered the safest car ever made and has the highest score to ever been awarded by EuroNCAP.
- A Volvo is always good for mileage, but the holder of the world record for best mileage is the 1966 Volvo 1800S, which clocked three million miles in 2013. Owner Irvin Gordon had bought the car in 1966.
- There are more than 2000 Volvo dealerships around the world, with the highest number in the US and the UK.
- Volvo is part of the prestigious Premier Automotive Group, which also includes Aston Martin, Land Rover, and Jaguar.