Find parts for your car
Used Volvo Spare Wheels
All used Volvo Spare Wheels listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Volvo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Spare Wheels
The wheels are, of course, a crucial part of the car. Choosing the right wheels for a vehicle is important; they play a big part in how well the car handles on the road, affecting the performance and general efficiency of the car. Should you get a flat tyre or other wheel problems whilst driving, having a Volvo spare wheel ready and waiting can be a life saver.
Usually made of steel, wheels are often made of alloy also, and are built to be strong and durable. The wheels have an important job in providing a housing, the structure in which the tyres fit.
The Volvo spare wheel will usually be kept in the boot of the car, in the spare wheel well, concealed out of the way so as not to disrupt luggage space, enabling you to change a tyre when on the go should you need to, provided the spare wheel is kept with a tyre, fully inflated, and is in good working condition. The Volvo spare wheel should be the same as the other wheels on the car as should the tyres, to provide optimum performance and safety while driving.
Once you have had to use the Volvo spare wheel, you will need to replace it with another Volvo spare wheel. It is a good idea to always have a spare wheel ready in your car to avoid being caught out. Wheels receive a lot of wear and tear on the roads and regular cleaning helps to increase their lifespan and look. When purchasing just a spare wheel for your car, ensure it matches the other wheels on your car, that it is the right size for both the tyre and the car (using the wrong size wheel and tyre can cause damage to the car) and that it is compatible with the make and model and year of your car.
- Volvo is Swedish and was founded in 1924 by two brothers who designed and built the ÖV 4 because they realised that other cars couldn't cope with Sweden's harsh weather. The car was given the name 'Jakob' and had both a 1.9-litre four-cylinder engine and a three-speed manual gearbox.
- Volvo is part of the prestigious Premier Automotive Group, which also includes Aston Martin, Land Rover, and Jaguar.
- There's a theatre in Ireland where the patrons all sit in seats from the Volvo S80 luxury saloon. A local Volvo dealer saw the seats being used at the launch of the S80 and asked Volvo if he could have some for his local theatre.
- Volvo invented the lambda sond, which is a probe that senses oxygen. It is responsible for cutting down exhaust emissions by 90%, and has been called "the most significant breakthrough ever made in the control of vehicle exhaust emissions." Volvo waived the patent rights on this, and now almost every car on the planet has one installed.
- The Volvo XC90 has won an incredible 70 awards, ranging from the Auto Express Car of the Year 2015, the Business Insider 2015 Car of the Year, the Sunday Times Top 100 Cars 2016, and the Motor Trend SUV of the Year 2016, to name just a few.