Used Volvo Tail Lights
All used Volvo Tail Lights listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Volvo from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Tail Lights
Part of the car's lighting setup, the Volvo rear tail light, is an important safety feature of the car enabling other road users to clearly see the vehicle from the rear.
The rear tail light is an external light that fixes to the outside of the car at the rear and is contained in either a metal or plastic housing. The tail lights can be in the same housing as other lighting such as the indicator lights, brake lights, parking lights, reverse lights and hazard lights, forming one single tail light with several functions. When indicating to go left, the indicator or signal light bulbs flash to indicate to other road users that the driver intends to turn left. The indicator light is also used by drivers in emergency situations to alert other road users that there is a potential hazard. Brake lights illuminate when the driver applies pressure to the brakes to let other road users know that the car is slowing down or stopping. Reverse lights illuminate when the driver puts the car into reverse, indicating to other road users that the car is reversing. Parking lights and hazard lights are used when the car is pulled up on the roadside, to alert other road users to the fact that there is a parked car. On some cars the tail light is a separate unit, however, often clustered together with the other rear vehicle lights. The tail light is wired up to come on when the front side lights are on and emits a red light which is designed to be duller than the brake light, so that the brake light is distinguishable from the tail light.
Unfortunately, because of their positioning on the vehicle and fragile bulbs, the Volvo rear tail light is prone to being smashed and cracked, particularly in a crash but also as a result of stones and debris flying up from the road or badly maneuvered reversing.
When replacing the rear tail light, it is important that you purchase a tail light intended for the car. Rear tail lights come in many different sizes and styles. Purchasing a new Volvo tail light will ensure you get a quality part that fits the make and model of your car.
- There are more than 2000 Volvo dealerships around the world, with the highest number in the US and the UK.
- Volvo is Swedish and was founded in 1924 by two brothers who designed and built the ÖV 4 because they realised that other cars couldn't cope with Sweden's harsh weather. The car was given the name 'Jakob' and had both a 1.9-litre four-cylinder engine and a three-speed manual gearbox.
- Volvo is a Latin word that means 'I spin,' although some later translations change the meaning slightly to 'I roll.'
- During the 1950s, Volvo was doing so well that they started offering five-years worth of insurance with every car sale. It wasn't a long-lived campaign.
- Although many of their inventions were released to the public, Volvo has been responsible for so many cutting-edge inventions in car manufacturing that they have had to build an entire company division to deal solely with patent infringement.