Show times 7th to 17th March 2013
The Geneva Motor Show is one of the biggest European events for car enthusiasts that happen each year. The 83rd International Motor Show is situated right in the heart of Switzerland’s capital. The trade venue is based at the Palexpo, 1218 Geneva and exhibition days are from 7th to 17th March, 2013. There will also be a press day, which will take place from 4th March.
The Geneva Motor show 2013 is one of the most important events globally and is the only event that exists in Europe during spring time. The Geneva Motor Show also competes with the Tokyo Motor Show, Frankfurt Motor Show, Detroit Motor Show and the Los Angeles Auto Show.
Geneva Motor Show 2013 entry rates and opening times
Opening times for motor enthusiast will be from Monday to Friday 10 am to 8 pm. Weekends are Saturday to Sunday from 9 am to 7pm.
Entry fees are:
• Adults cost is CHF (Confoederatio Helvetica franc – the official Swiss currency) 16, which is approximately £11.32
• Children 6 to 16 years including pensioners cost is CHF 9, which is approximately £6.36
• Groups of more than 20 people cost CHF 11, which is approximately £7.78
There will be a 50% discount rate for people who choose to enter after 4pm.
To book your 83rd International Motor Show 2013 tickets visit secure online payments here.
Geneva Motor Show 2013 accommodation
As this is a major event, every nearby hotel will be eager for you to stay with them. There are thousands of hotels and motels in Geneva, but you must book early as rooms will be snapped up quite quickly. For further information about booking hotels contact the Geneva Tourism; 18 Rue du Mont Blanc, 1201 Geneva. Their telephone number is +41 22 909 70 20, and their fax number is 41 22 909 70 21. Alternatively contact them via email on [email protected] or check them out online here. This site also has some useful information on dining, other attractions and sightseeing in Geneva.
Geneva Motor Show 2013 transportation
There will be extra transportation in Geneva to travel to the event. The show is only a few minutes away from airport railway station; the nearest reference point is the Palexpo Hall 7. More details regarding travelling and discounts around Geneva can be found here.
Parking costs apply if you consider taking your car. Costs are CHF 20, which is approximately £14.14 per day. There are various parking zones, including a ‘weekend only’ international zone. It is advised to follow the police instruction upon arrival. Disabled parking is available in the underground car park P12; there will be a fee to pay.
Geneva Motor Show 2013 highlights
The Geneva Motor Show 2013 will be revealing and showing off some great cars, there will be hundreds on display. Here are 24 of the hottest cars to examine with the view of seeing them on our roads sometime soon.
1. Maserati Gran Turismo MC new four seater
2. BMW Alpina B3 Biturbo
3. Chevrolet Captiva SUV
4. Rolls Royce powerful Wraith new two seater
5. Nissan Leaf
6. Range Rover Evoque with a nine speed automatic transmission
7. Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk7 version
8. Alfa Romeo 4 C
9. Ford Eco Sport new SUV
10. Jet 2+2 Aston Martin Rapide
11. Hyundai Garand Santa Fe SUV
12. Volkswagen Golf hybrid plug in
13. Audi A3 e-tron
14. Bentley Flying Spur
15. Peugeot 2008
16. Alfa Romeo Gloria
17. Toyota GT86 convertible
18. Nissan Note
19. Toyota Auris Touring Sports estate
20. Qoros is new on the market; they will be displaying all their models
21. Kia Cee'd GT five door
22. Lamborghini GT front engine and four wheel drive
23. Mitsubishi GR-HEV pick up and CA-MiEV hybrids
24. Mercedes powerful A45 AMG
Have you ever been to the Geneva Motorshow? What was your experience? Please leave your comments below.