Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Renegade Throttle Body
All used Jeep Renegade Throttle Body listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Jeep Renegade are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Throttle Body
The Renegade<Model> throttle body is a part of the engine's intake system which regulates the amount of air that is mixed with fuel for combustion.
The Renegade<Model> throttle body houses a valve or flap know as the throttle plate which opens and closes to regulate airflow into the enginer. This is controlled by movement of the accelerator pedal by the driver although may also have additional input from the engine control unit (ECU).
The Renegade<Model> throttle body is located on the top of the engine between the airbox/air filter and inlet/intake manifold which are often connected together with rubber, silicone or metal tubing.
Problems can occur with the Renegade<Model> throttle body due to a build of of dirt or soot causing restrictions in the air flow or movement of the throttle plate.
- It's not something that you'll be able to find to buy, but there was a prototype of a Jeep made in 1945 that could fly. The vehicle was called the Hafner Rotabuggy, and it had blades like a helicopter.
- Although they were designed for the military, it didn't take long before Jeep released a version for civilians. The CJ-2A had several features that were lacking on the military versions, such as a tailgate, a side-mounted spare tire, and an external fuel cap.
- One of the most expensive Jeeps in the world is the 2005 Jeep Hurricane. It's certainly not a cheap option if you're in the market for a Jeep unless, of course, you've got a spare £2 million in the bank.
- People that own a Jeep are very keen to show it off. In 2015, research was carried out that showed Jeep is the second most popular car brand to see on Instagram. The Marque is the most popular Jeep model on social media. While this is a surprise when you consider the bigger names in car manufacturing, the fact that Jeeps can become such an integral part of the travel experience may go some way to explain the Instagram popularity.
- Nobody knows where the name 'Jeep' comes from or why it was used. One theory is that it's a play on the phrase General Purpose Vehicle (GP), while others maintain that Jeeps are named after a character in the Popeye cartoon, Eugene the Jeep.