Find parts for your car
Used MG TF Alternator
All used MG TF Alternator listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for MG TF are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
TF MG alternators work in conjunction with the battery to produce power for the electrical parts of the car. TF MG alternators function by turning the mechanical action of the car’s turning drive shaft into electricity. They do this through the use of rapidly-spinning magnets. This magnetic field in turn produces an electrical current, which is used to power the car electrics. The TF MG alternator is also essential for re-charging the car battery, ready to provide the spark necessary to start the car next time.
Alternators are generally quite small in size (a similar size to a roll of toilet paper) don't weigh much and are usually located at the front of the engine.
Usually most modern TF MG alternators are maintenance-free and may have a lifespan of a decade or more. Eventually, however, these rapidly-moving car parts start to wear out, made worse over time by dirt and extremes of heat and cold. At best you might experience lights that dim sometimes, or warning lights temporarily flashing on your dashboard. More seriously, a battery that is not being fully charged during motion may mean that your car is difficult to start, or that the ignition fails completely.
In some cases, such problems are put down to an older battery, but more often than not the real culprit is the alternator which is not successfully charging the battery. Check the voltage on your car which should be around 14 volts. Anything less than this and it is likely that the TF MG alternator is worn out and will need replacing.
- Honda won the Manufacturer’s Championship for a four-year streak but was finally destroyed by MG in 2014 when the MG6 GT (which had only been competing for three years) beat its rival with an impressive 95-point win at Brands Hatch. MG also came second in the Constructors Championship in 2015.
- The MG3 is a big seller in the UK, and it’s ideal for those drivers that want to personalise their cars. The slogan for the MG3, and the slogan adopted by MG in the UK, is ‘Fun is Back’. This supermini MG was designed at Longbridge, in the same factory that the Mini was designed.
- Every year, the Chesterfield MG Group holds what’s called the Goodnight Sweetheart Run. It’s a chance for classic MG owners to have one last drive before the colder weather hits and their cars go into storage for the winter. Held every September, the Goodnight Sweetheart Run is a must-attend event for every MG owner.
- At the moment, MG cars hold an impressive 40 different world land speed records, which might explain why the current MG slogan is ‘Safety Fast’.
- The MG Hector is the longest SUV in the world at just over four-and-a-half metres, and that was just the first model! Now, you can get the even longer Hector Plus. The original Hector also had the largest boot in its class, which could store up to 587kg.