Find parts for your car
Used Nissan Micra Headlight Washer Pump Motor
All used Nissan Micra Headlight Washer Pump Motor listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Nissan Micra are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Headlight Washer Pump Motor
The Micra Nissan headlight washer pump motor powers the washer pump in order to clean dirt from the headlight lens. The Micra Nissan headlight washer pump motor is connected to the power supply in the vehicle and drives the rotary pump in order to push water out of one or more nozzles attached to the washer and a wiper cleans off the lens. These are occasionally prone to blockage so should be checked regularly.
The motor which drives the headlight washer pump is often the same motor which drives the windscreen washers. This means that any issue with the Micra Nissan headlight washer pump motor could also impact on the windscreen washers. They are usually activated with the same stalk lever and the headlight washer usually operates on every 4-5 movements of the windscreen wiper arms.
Failure of the Micra Nissan headlight washer pump motor can be potentially dangerous for two reasons. Firstly, the windscreen washers and headlight washers will not work correctly impacting on visibility. Secondly, in the case of xenon headlights it’s a legal requirement to have working headlight washers as the dirt on the headlights can refract the light around the road causing issues for other drivers.
Nissan Micra trivia
- When the Nissan Micra was released in 1983, it could go from 0-60 in 15-seconds, could hit 90mph, and managed 45mpg. All that, and it only costs £4,150! In today's money, with inflation, that would be £14,096.42.
- The Nissan Micra is a very security-aware car and was the top-ranking car when What Car? magazine carried out a 'security supertest' back in 2003. In 2005, it also won the 'keyless go' test carried out by Thatcham.
- The Nissan Micra has appeared in quite a few racing games but first became a playable option in the 2002 RalliSport Challenge and its 2004 sequel.
- The Nissan Micra won the 1993 Car of the Year award.
- When he was still PM, David Cameron purchased a Nissan Micra for his wife. He visited a used car salesroom and drove home with a blue Micra that had 148,000 miles on the clock, and he paid a reasonable £1,495.