Find parts for your car
Used Renault Grand Scenic Secondary Fuel Pump Diesel
All used Renault Grand Scenic Secondary Fuel Pump Diesel listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Renault Grand Scenic are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Secondary Fuel Pump Diesel
The engine is the power machine of a car, literally converting energy, in the form of fuel, into movement, and is known as an internal combustion engine. The engine is made up of several components that all work together to enable combustion to occur and in turn the car to move. The diesel fuel pump functions to pump diesel from the fuel tank into the cylinders of a diesel engine.
There are two fuel pumps in some fuel injected engines. One fuel pump will be located within the fuel tank and the secondary fuel pump is positioned on or close to the engine itself.
The fuel pump is an electronic device which delivers fuel under high pressure to meet the demands of the fuel injection engine. Working in conjunction with a computerised control unit, the diesel fuel pump and secondary fuel pump work to pump fuel into the engine while ensuring the correct level of pressure is applied to inject the right amount of fuel into the engine at the right time. The diesel pump works by spraying a light mist of fuel from injectors into the chambers of the engine, controlled by the computerised control unit, which manages the timing of this process. The injectors are fitted close to the inlet manifold, one for each cylinder, and are all calibrated (adjusted) to equally spray a mist of fuel into the intake of each cylinder in a sequence controlled electronically, for the sequential firing of the engine. The overall result of this ensures the engine is working to its optimum, providing more power and fuel efficiency.
An engine that won't start; a misfiring engine; an engine that struggles and stutters at high speeds; loss of power while accelerating; loss of power when driving uphill; and the vehicle surging or jumping forward when in motion could all be signs of a faulty secondary diesel pump. There are many things that can go wrong in the engine, so it's a good idea to consult with your mechanic to establish the exact cause of the fault before buying replacement parts. Specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle, the Grand Scenic Renault secondary fuel pump diesel is the ideal choice when replacing this part.
- Nicole? Papa? The Renault advert that ran up until 1991 made actress Estelle Skronik more recognisable than PM John Major and TV host Chris Evans, and the advert finale was the single most-watched advert of all time (23 million Brits tuned in to watch it).
- The Renault RS01 was dubbed ‘the yellow steam engine’ after it became the world’s first-ever turbocharged F1 car. It wasn’t a reliable car, but it was certainly quick!
- Renault are obviously well known for their motorsport successes, but did you know that their early, groundbreaking work on car body mathematical curve modelling was one of the starting points for today’s computer graphics?
- The French Government still owns a 15% stake in the Renault company!
- The fastest Renault ever made is the 1978 Alpine A443. It raced at Le Mans, and even with a less than intimidating 2.1ltr V6 engine it still managed an incredible 236mph.