Find parts for your car
Used Smart Forfour Super Charger
All used Smart Forfour Super Charger listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Smart Forfour are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Super Charger
The engine needs oxygen from the air in order for combustion to work. It is imperative that the car's engine is supplied with the correct amount of clean, filtered air. Air needs to be as clean as possible, and of the right density/pressure, before it mixes with the fuel and burns in the cylinders of the engine. The overall result of this ensures the engine is working to its optimum, providing more power and fuel efficiency. A car's air intake system consists of several vital components that work together to ensure the air entering the engine is a steady and uninterrupted flow of the right amount of clean, filtered air. The Forfour Smart super charger is a device which compresses air in order to increase the density of air flowing into the cylinders of an internal combustion engine.
The super charger is usually located in front of the radiator, in prime position to maximise the air flow.
The engine needs the correct amount of air and fuel flowing through it in order for the fuel to burn in the cylinders and for the engine to ignite or spark at the right time. If the ignition sparks at the wrong time, there will be less power in the engine and it will try to make up for this by using more fuel, significantly reducing fuel efficiency, which in turn increases the car's CO2 emissions. By compressing the air this gives each intake cycle more oxygen, which produces a better combustion process, so the super charger has an important part to play in the performance, power and efficiency of the car's engine.
Signs of a worn super charger are; a rattling noise when the engine is idling, or a grinding or excessive whining noise coming from the super charger. The Check Engine light will illuminate on the dashboard if the super charger is malfunctioning. It's wise to seek advice from your mechanic to make sure the correct fault has been found before purchasing replacement parts. When replacing this part, buying a Forfour Smart super charger will ensure you get a component that is compatible with the make and model of your vehicle.
- There are three variations of the Smart ForTwo. These are the Pure, the Passion, and the Pulse. Each one comes with its own unique special features, but the differences are relatively minor, such as leather-covered steering wheels or improved stereo systems. The Pure is the only one of the three that comes with a 50-hp engine.
- Smart cars are very light and can weigh as little as 1,940 pounds. That’s just 63.5 kilos!
- The very first Smart brand microcar made it to production in 1994, but it didn't make it to the world stage until a lot later. You couldn’t buy a Smart car in the US until 2008 (but it did sell 25,000 units when it did go on sale).
- Mercedes-Benz, the manufacturers of Smart, were surprised to see that a Smart car was featured in the 2006 movie The Da Vinci Code, saying that “We certainly didn’t pay” for the product placement. You can also see Smart cars make an appearance in the Pink Panther remakes of the mid-2000s and the Gerard Butler film Geostorm of which they did pay for.
- While drivers of other cars have little choice but to stick with the colour that they chose when they bought their vehicles, Smart car owners can change the look of their cars quickly, thanks to the removable panels that can be replaced with ones of a different colour.