Find parts for your car
Used Toyota IQ Tail Gate Struts
All used Toyota IQ Tail Gate Struts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Toyota IQ are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Tail Gate Struts
The IQ Toyota tail gate struts are rods which form part of the framework of the tail gate on the vehicle and are used to hold the tailgate/rear boot up and in place when it 's open.
The IQ Toyota tail gate struts are positioned on either side of the boot so that the boot lid is held in place evenly and, with the action of hinges, opens outwards.
The IQ Toyota tail gate struts use a gas spring mechanism to work, which uses gas inside a cylinder, compressed by a piston, to apply force, which keeps the strut rigid and extended and able to support the weight of the boot while it's open. This mechanism also helps to make opening the boot a smooth and easy operation. The internal mechanisms are housed in a rod which is sealed in an outer casing.
Loss of gas is the usual cause of failure in the IQ Toyota tail gate struts. Damage can occur to the seal, enabling gas to leak out every time the boot is open, i.e. every time the tail gate struts open and shut. Faulty or broken IQ Toyota tail gate struts may mean that the boot is hard to open, won't stay open fully or just slams shut again. When replacing the tail gate struts on your vehicle, buying new IQ Toyota tail gate struts will ensure perfect compatibility with the make and model of your car. It's advisable to replace both sides of the tail gate struts at the same time to make sure the pressure is balanced and equal in both struts.
- The Toyota company got its start making automated looms in 1033. Founder Sakichi Toyoda even invented the automated loom and then sold them off to try and get into the car industry. There is still an arm of Toyota that is still in the textile industry!
- Although Toyota started making its first cars in 1937, these were specifically produced to contribute to Japan's war effort. It wasn't until 1947 that they started producing cars for civilians.
- They might be one of the biggest and well-known brand names in the world, but Toyota is still very much a family business. Every CEO so far has been a descendant of the original founder.
- The Toyota Prius is just the latest example of why Toyota is widely considered the greenest company in the car industry. Consistent efforts at improving sustainability and eco-awareness led to them getting voted the number one Global Green Brand back in 2015.
- As well as their other records, Toyota is known to consistently break sales records as well. It's not just the Corolla either. They have been so successful some years that they outsold Honda and Nissan combined!