Find parts for your car
Used Vauxhall Corsa Catalytic Converter
All used Vauxhall Corsa Catalytic Converter listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Vauxhall Corsa are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Catalytic Converter
The Corsa Vauxhall catalytic converter is part of your car's exhaust system. The exhaust system has the important job of removing the toxic exhaust fumes produced by the engine from your car. It also functions to enhance engine performance, minimise noise produced when driving, reduce CO2 emissions and improve fuel efficiency.
The Corsa Vauxhall catalytic converter sits between the exhaust manifold and the rear exhaust box.
The Corsa Vauxhall catalytic converter's job is to change the harmful emissions created in the combustion chamber into water vapour and carbon dioxide. This means the harmful toxins produced in the engine are changed to the less harmless emissions before leaving the car and entering the atmosphere.
The Corsa Vauxhall catalytic converter is prone to damage from road debris such as stones, mud, water and can suffer from damage due to overheating. Antifreeze or motor oil getting into the catalytic converter can cause real issues. It is vital to replace the Corsa Vauxhall catalytic converter as soon as possible if this happens as it could ruin the whole exhaust system if left and your car's carbon emissions could be higher than is legal or safe. If your car is consuming much more fuel than usual it's a sign that there is a problem with the catalytic converter. If the Corsa Vauxhall catalytic converter fails it is important to replace it with one that is compatible with the make and model of your car.
Vauxhall Corsa trivia
- Corsa means race in Italian!
- The Vauxhall Corsa was very nearly not the Corsa at all. Bosses at Vauxhall were a bit worried that the name was too close to the word 'coarser,' which has connotations that those in charge wanted to avoid.
- Corsas come in a vast range of colours, but the most popular in the UK is grey! It is estimated that there are currently just over 40,000 grey Corsas on Britain's roads right now.
- Car prices over the last 25 years have inevitably gone up, but in the case of the Corsa, that price hike has only been around £3,850.
- Over two million Vauxhall Corsas have been sold in the UK. Globally, an estimated 9.86 million have been sold.