Find parts for your car
Used Alfa Romeo 159 Central Locking ECU
All used Alfa Romeo 159 Central Locking ECU listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Alfa Romeo 159 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Central Locking ECU
A 159<Model> central locking ECU (Electronic Control Unit) is a microcomputer or brain responsible for management and control of a car’s central locking and security system. All locking components including the lock mechanisms, lock barrels, lock levers, actuators, remote sensors and other lock controls are electrically connected to the ECU, allowing it to regulate and control the overall state of the system. The central locking ECU may also control electric window closure, vehicle immobiliser and alarm system.
A 159<Model> central locking ECU is located within the dashboard or engine bay. It is generally possible to ‘read’ or interrogate the central locking ECU using a laptop computer with relevant software and cable or a dedicated reader via a connection port usually located in the dashboard. This is the best method for diagnosis of central locking faults.
Like any electronic component an ECU can fail for a number of reasons including short circuits, dry solder joints, water damage or age. Diagnosis is generally much easier with the correct reader which can be used to obtain error codes from the ECU.
Alfa Romeo trivia
- There was a long period where Alfa Romeo simply stopped selling cars to the USA. Exports stopped in 1995 and didn’t resume again until 2015 when they launched the 4C sports car.
- The lighter designs of Alfa Romeos has seen the company get a lot of racing success. They have performed exceptionally well at Le Mans, the Mille Miglia, and the Vanderbilt Cup. Perhaps their personal favourite victory was the 1923 win at the Targa Florio, a famously challenging competition.
- The Alfa Romeo logo has some really weird imagery. There are dashes of the Milanese coat of arms, and a terrifying picture of a snake eating a man. That image comes from the Visconti family crest, who used to rule Milan.
- All car companies have a slogan, but Alfa Romeo never seemed happy with theirs. They have had several, with everything from ‘The family car that wins races’ to ‘Mediocrity is a sin’. In 2020, they’re sticking with ‘Beauty is not enough. Power for your control.’
- Due to tax shenanigans, the very first Alfa-branded car was named the 24HP, even though it came with a 25 horsepower 4.1-litre engine. It was quick and could do a satisfying 62mph, despite having wooden spoke wheels.