Find parts for your car
Used BMW Z4 Rocker Cover
All used BMW Z4 Rocker Cover listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for BMW Z4 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Rocker Cover
The camshaft's job is to manage the poppet valves, basically opening and closing the intake and exhaust valves in the cylinder head. The rocker arms enable the intake and exhaust valves to operate, driven by the camshaft. The Z4 BMW rocker cover protects the rocker arm from oil and dirt.
The rocker cover is bolted on to the cylinder head to cover and shield the rocker arm, and sealed with a Z4 BMW rocket cover gasket. The rocker cover gasket, usually made of rubber and cork, is sandwiched between the top of the engine and the rocker cover, providing a secure seal to prevent leaks.
The camshaft powers the rocker arms which put pressure on the valves, causing the valves to open. The valves are sprung loaded which enables them to close again. The spring functions to maintain contact between the valves and the rocker arms. Aided by the rocker arms, the camshaft works to make sure that the intake and exhaust valves are opening and closing at exactly the right time, enabling the correct amount of air and fuel to flow into the engine and burn in the cylinders for the engine to ignite or spark at the right time.
If the rocker arms get clogged up with dirt it will cause them to stop working properly so the rocker cover is vital in ensuring the rocker arms can function properly and last longer. If cracked or broken, the rocker cover should be replaced as soon as possible. When you need to replace this part, choosing to fit the Z4 BMW rocker cover will guarantee perfect compatibility with the make and model of your vehicle.
- It might not be the accessory that everyone needs, but for BMW drivers in South Africa who were worried about carjackers, the 'Blaster' was a flamethrower that shot huge flames from either side of the car. Not currently available in the UK…
- Did you know that BMW built a Lamborghini? The two popular companies decided to make a race car together, but Lamborghini pulled out during the manufacturing process. BMW carried on, and the final result was the original BMW M1 supercar.
- The BMW company was founded way back in 1916 and originally manufactured engines for planes. High demand for plane engines during WWI was good news for BMW, but they carried on making plane engines right up until 1945.
- That distinctive BMW car engine sound that new owners fall in love with might not be real. The BMW M5 has such a quiet engine that they had to install fake engine noises to keep drivers happy!
- The BMW M1 has a classic look, so it's no surprise that its designer also came up with some other amazing car designs. Giorgetto Giugiaro is also responsible for the DeLorean, the Beretta U22 Neos handgun, and the Nikon D4 camera! Although, he also designed the Yugo, commonly called the worst car that's ever been made.