Find parts for your car
Used Mercedes-Benz SLK Fog Lamp Surround
All used Mercedes-Benz SLK Fog Lamp Surround listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Mercedes-Benz SLK are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Fog Lamp Surround
The SLK Mercedes-Benz fog lamp surround is situated on the front and rear of the vehicle. This surround can be a plastic moulded panel, chrome or stainless steel component that fits around the fog lamp to hold it in place and protect it from damage. The surrounds come in various different shapes and sizes depending on the manufacturer and the size of the fog lamp, and some are body coloured to blend in seamlessly with the rest of the vehicle.
Some people find that they do not like the appearance of fog lamps on their vehicle and so choose to remove the fog lamps and fog lamp surrounds. If this is done, the area that is left can be covered with a blanking plate. The SLK Mercedes-Benz fog lamp surrounds are fastened to the rear of the bumper, so this may need to be removed to remove the surrounds.
Some people also prefer to customise their SLK Mercedes-Benz fog lamp surrounds by spray painting them a contrasting colour to the rest of the vehicles’ bodywork to create an individual appearance.
SLK Mercedes-Benz fog lamp surround damage is rare, but should be replaced if damage occurs to prevent fog light issues.
- Mercedes Benz cars have always been a big part of the Jurassic Park films, but the first movie went all out, with the stars emerging from a red Mercedes GLE Coupe before walking down the red carpet. Mercedes cars are also used throughout the film franchise.
- Karl Benz obviously gave his name to the company, but the Mercedes part of the name comes from the daughter of his customer and friend, Emil Jellinek. Her name was (obviously) Mercedes, and it's still surprising that her name remains so attached to the iconic car brand.
- Unlike most cars, Mercedes vehicles are not spray painted. Instead, they are completely submerged in anti-corrosion coating and primer. That means the protective liquid can get into every part of the car.
- That new car smell is always a delight, but a Mercedes owner gets to choose that smell. Perfume specialist Marc vom Ende created four different car smells for Mercedes Benz, called Sports Mood, Freeside Mood, Downtown Mood, and Nightlife Mood. They all smell a bit leathery.
- Karl Benz founded the famous car company. He is not only credited as the maker of the world's first practical motorcar but also has the distinction of being the first person ever issued with a driving license (local citizens kept complaining about the noise and smell of his Motorwagen, and so he needed written permission to drive it).