Find parts for your car
Used Ford Transit Engine Cover
All used Ford Transit Engine Cover listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Transit are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Engine Cover
Ford Transit trivia
- Before national speed limits were introduced in the UK, the engineers for Ford would often be spotted carrying out late-night speed tests in a Ford Transit. The police would occasionally stop them, not to hand out a fine but to check on the progress of the team.
- London’s Regent Park Zoo once transported two baby elephants in the back of a Ford Transit.
- The German racing driver Sabine Schmitz once attempted to beat the speed that Jeremy Clarkson got around the Nürburgring in a Jaguar sports saloon but using a Ford Transit. He didn’t quite beat Clarkson’s time but only came in eight seconds slower.
- The factory in Langley, Berkshire where the Ford Transit was originally built used to be the manufacturing home for the Hawker-Hurricane fighter plane.
- The first Ford Transit was released way back in 1965. It was designed and launched as a replacement van for the Thames Van, which had seriously struggled to compete against the Bedford van.