Find parts for your car
Used Peugeot Expert Power Steering Pump
All used Peugeot Expert Power Steering Pump listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Peugeot Expert are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Power Steering Pump
Power steering assists the driver of a car to steer and control the vehicle, allowing the driver to turn and steer the wheel with ease. With power steering very little force or effort is required by the driver, the power is provided by the power steering system. Power steering is a useful feature for many drivers as it can ease fatigue brought on by driving and can offer additional control of the vehicle.
The Expert Peugeot power steering pump is attached to the engine of the car by a serpentine belt.
The Expert Peugeot power steering pump plays an important part in the power steering process by harnessing power from the engine, to pump the steering fluid through the system to the steering rack. When the driver turns the steering wheel the pressurised fluid inside the Expert Peugeot power steering pump moves the piston that controls the gears that steer the car. The Expert Peugeot power steering pump adjusts the amount of steering fluid it pumps to the steering rack based on the speed the car is moving.
If there is a fault with the Expert Peugeot power steering pump the warning light will illuminate on the dashboard. If it is difficult to steer the car and the wheels of the car are stiff and increasingly tough to turn it is likely to be an indication of a fault with the power steering. The power steering pump, if defective, can leak causing the steering fluid to drain away and the whole system will cease to function properly. It is very important to get the power steering system inspected by a professional as a failure with the power steering could result in an accident if the steering wheel locks. When replacing the power steering pump it is vital to source a Expert Peugeot power steering pump that will be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- All models of Peugeot have a number designation with a 0 in the middle. There's a persistent myth that this is because the designers wanted to integrate the starting handle, and chose the central 0 as the ideal way to hide the slot. There's no substance to that myth, but those numbers are an indication of the size and age of the car.
- Peugeot has won the European Car of the Year an incredible five times. The earliest win was in 1969, and the latest was as recently as 2017 (the Peugeot 3008).
- Peugeot might not be a name in Formula 1 (they did try a few times, but it never quite worked out), but they have been dominant in other races. In particular, four victories in an incredible 24 hours at Le Mans, and six impressive wins in the Dakar rally, to name just a few.
- It was Armand Peugeot who turned the company into car manufacturing. He called the company the Société des Automobiles Peugeot (Peugeot Automotive Society) and was the one who approved the famous lion emblem that is still used today.
- It's hard to believe, but the Peugeot company was founded in 1810! Of course, it didn't make cars then. Instead, it built pepper mills, salt mills and, eventually bicycles. It wasn't until 1889 that the first Peugeot car was made (they only made four of them, and they were powered by steam).