Find parts for your car
Used Volkswagen Polo Cold Start Advance System
All used Volkswagen Polo Cold Start Advance System listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Volkswagen Polo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Cold Start Advance System
The Polo Volkswagen cold start advance system is a key part of a vehicle and is used to make vehicle starting easier when the weather is cold by shortening the fuel injection timing my about five degrees.
The Polo Volkswagen cold start advance system operates by using a temperature sensitive element which lets the system know if it’s needed.
The Polo Volkswagen cold start advance system is connected to the engine cooling system via hoses. As this coolant temperature rises, an element in the Polo Volkswagen cold start advance system expands. This element releases tension on a cable, causing spring pressure to move a lever. This lever then turns a cam, which pushes the hydraulic piston to the left to shorten the fuel injection timing. This reduced fuel injection timing means that the fuel injected on start-up has more time to burn which can minimise smoking during warm-up and improves the overall vehicle performance.
Failure of the Polo Volkswagen cold start advance system may mean that your vehicle struggles to start in colder weather. It may also expel a lot of white smoke out of the exhaust. You may find that the engine shudders when first driving until the engine heats up.
- Currently Volkswagen have 18 car in production, excluding 5 Chinese models, 3 GTI’s, 2 hybrid electrics, 2 all electric and 1 R model.
- Everyone knows a VW Beetle was used in Herbie, but did you know Volkswagens’ also appeared in Happy Gilmore, Footloose, Transformers and Double Trouble with Elvis Presley!
- There are over 8000 references to Volkswagen on Wikipedia and searching for Volkswagen on Google currently returns about 1,130,000,000 results.
- The Volkswagen AG group also owns Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Seat, Skoda, Ducati, MAN and Skania. Breakeryard.com also sell starter motors and other used parts for Audi, Seat and Skoda but, unfortunately, not Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini or Porsche.
- Volkswagens’ are mentioned currently in 10 world records including the ‘greatest distance driven on a single tank of fuel’ (1,581.88 miles by a VW Passat) and the ‘Fastest vehicle crossing the Gilf Al-Kebir plateau’ (timed at 5hr 7min in a VW Amarok).