Find parts for your car
- Audi (1) Apply Audi filter
- BMW (11) Apply BMW filter
- Citroen (3) Apply Citroen filter
- Dacia (2) Apply Dacia filter
- Fiat (1) Apply Fiat filter
- Ford (18) Apply Ford filter
- Honda (1) Apply Honda filter
- Kia (1) Apply Kia filter
- Mazda (5) Apply Mazda filter
- MERCEDES (2) Apply MERCEDES filter
- Mercedes-Benz (3) Apply Mercedes-Benz filter
- MINI (2) Apply MINI filter
- Nissan (3) Apply Nissan filter
- Opel (3) Apply Opel filter
- Peugeot (9) Apply Peugeot filter
- Renault (7) Apply Renault filter
- Suzuki (1) Apply Suzuki filter
- Toyota (2) Apply Toyota filter
- Vauxhall (11) Apply Vauxhall filter
- Volkswagen (2) Apply Volkswagen filter
The fuel injector rail is a pipe which delivers the fuel from the fuel tank to the fuel injectors in a fuel injection engine.
The fuel injector rail is attached to the fuel tank, having an inlet for each injector and an inlet to the fuel supply. It is common for fuel injector rails to have an inbuilt fuel pressure regulator.
The fuel is sprayed into the chambers of the engine, controlled by the computerised control unit, which manages the timing of this process. The fuel injectors are fitted close to the inlet manifold, one for each cylinder, and are all calibrated (adjusted) to equally spray a mist of fuel into the intake of each cylinder in a sequence controlled electronically, for the sequential firing of the engine. The overall result of this ensures the engine is working to its optimum, providing more power and fuel efficiency.
An engine that won't start; a misfiring engine; an engine that struggles and stutters at high speeds; loss of power while accelerating; loss of power when driving uphill; and the vehicle surging or jumping forward when in motion could all be signs of a faulty fuel injector rail. There are many things that can go wrong in the engine and with the fuel system, so it is a good idea to consult with your mechanic to establish the exact cause of the fault before buying replacement parts. Specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle, the fuel injector rail is the ideal choice when replacing this part.