Find parts for your car
- Audi (7) Apply Audi filter
- BMW (4) Apply BMW filter
- Citroen (1) Apply Citroen filter
- Fiat (3) Apply Fiat filter
- Ford (75) Apply Ford filter
- Hyundai (2) Apply Hyundai filter
- Jaguar (2) Apply Jaguar filter
- Kia (3) Apply Kia filter
- Land Rover (6) Apply Land Rover filter
- Mazda (1) Apply Mazda filter
- MG (3) Apply MG filter
- MINI (1) Apply MINI filter
- Nissan (2) Apply Nissan filter
- Porsche (2) Apply Porsche filter
- Renault (12) Apply Renault filter
- Rover (5) Apply Rover filter
- Saab (2) Apply Saab filter
- Vauxhall (26) Apply Vauxhall filter
- Volkswagen (2) Apply Volkswagen filter
- Volvo (2) Apply Volvo filter
The fog light switch is situated in the driverside of the vehicle and is attached to the dashboard. It directs the current from the battery to the front fog lights on a vehicle and allows the driver to control the operation of the fog light to turn them on or off.
You may first notice that a front fog light switch is faulty when trying to use the switch, but the fog lights do not come on. The switch may also feel loose, which may be caused by a faulty mechanism.
If the fog light switch is faulty you may not be able to turn on your fog lights on your vehicle. This could be potentially hazardous when driving in poor visibility conditions. If the fog light switch fails whilst the fog lights are switched on you may not be able to turn the fog lights on whilst driving. This could cause premature fog light failure through constant use. This can also cause problems for other road users, who can be temporarily blinded by the bright glare of fog lights if they are used in normal visibility conditions.