Used Ford Galaxy Door Handle
All used Ford Galaxy Door Handle listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Galaxy are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Handle
The Galaxy Ford door handle is a vital component of the car door, enabling the person to get into the car.
A car door will have both an internal and an external handle. Most car door handles are made of strong plastic or metal. The Galaxy Ford door handle is an exterior door handle, fixed to the inner door frame with the aid of bolts, which are hidden by the inner door panel.
Door handles work with a pulling and latch mechanism, and are usually attached to this mechanism by screws. The door handle mechanism consists of a latch, a toothed wheel and a rotor which are contained behind the door panel. When the door handle is opened this causes the latch to release. The person can apply pressure to the Galaxy Ford door handle and, holding on to the handle, pull the door open (aided by the hinged mechanism of the door). The person can also push the door shut with the help of the Galaxy Ford door handle.
There are many different shapes, styles, materials, finishes and colours when it comes to car door handles. Purchasing a Galaxy Ford door handle will ensure you get the right part, designed to fit the make and model of your vehicle. There are also various car door handle accessories, which, like the door handles, are usually specific to car make and model, and not an option for all, such as a handle guard and handle cover.
If the door handle isn't functioning properly, sticking, jamming or refusing to open, it's a sign that you may need to replace the Galaxy Ford door handle with one that is compatible with your vehicle.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- It takes six hours to build a Ford Galaxy front start to finish.
- In 1998, 12,233 people purchased a Ford Galaxy, despite Top Gear magazine calling it the ‘least satisfying car in the UK.” It still outsold its nearest competitor by more than double and was named the best-selling MPV in the UK.
- The MKII Galaxy had three options for the trims: the Edge, Ghia, and Zetec levels. Eventually, a fourth trim option was offered: Titanium.
- The Ford Galaxy was named the best used car in the MPV category by the experts at What Car?
- Three Brits once drove a Ford Galaxy from France to a race in Prague but got stopped and detained on the way. That is because they had painted the car to look like a tank, and even added a plywood turret and a drainpipe to act as the ‘gun’. The three men had only paid £500 for the Galaxy, which was confiscated by German police.