Used Ford Galaxy Trim
All used Ford Galaxy Trim listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices or used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Ford Galaxy from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
Trim is a general term for the cosmetic finish to the assembly method in the manufacture of vehicles. The trim tends to differ according to whether the vehicle is standard, mid-range or a luxury model.
Trim is found extensively on the interior and exterior of all vehicles.
Examples of Galaxy Ford trim, on the exterior are plastic bumpers, chrome and rubber strips that protect the vehicle from bumps and scrapes.
Interior trim includes upholstery, carpeting and door panels etc.
Galaxy Ford trim comes in different standards or levels, such as base, i.e. cloth upholstery, the least expensive; mid-level such as vinyl or faux leather upholstery, which is moderately expensive; and high end, the most expensive, which can include chrome strips, leather upholstery and wood grain trim.
Most trim is held in place with push pull fixings and/or screws.
Galaxy Ford trim is usually replaced for reasons of damage due to general wear and tear.
Ford Galaxy trivia
- In the TV show Outnumbered, starring Hugh Dennis and Claire Skinner with the three unscripted children, the stressed family exchanged their Vauxhall Zafira for a second-generation Ford Galaxy.
- In 1998, 12,233 people purchased a Ford Galaxy, despite Top Gear magazine calling it the ‘least satisfying car in the UK.” It still outsold its nearest competitor by more than double and was named the best-selling MPV in the UK.
- When Prince Harry wanted to introduce his girlfriend (and future wife) to the Queen, he rocked up to the private entrance of Buckingham Palace in a blacked-out Ford Galaxy.
- In the 2016 film 20th Century Women, starring Annette Benning, Billy Crudup, and Elle Fanning, there is a continuity mistake involving a Ford Galaxy. In one scene, the car is seen on fire, but depending on the shot and angle, the damage seems to appear and disappear mysteriously.
- The Ford Galaxy was the first MPV to be sold and marketed by Ford outside of the US.