Used Volvo Side Doors
All used Volvo Side Doors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Volvo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Side Doors
The Volvo side door is used by the driver and the passengers sitting in the back seats of the car, to enter and exit the car.
A standard car door usually opens outwards and is usually fixed to the frame of the car by a hinge. The Volvo side door is fitted with a section of glass, which makes up the car window.
Most manufacturers of modern cars favour aluminum for parts such as car doors, because it is strong durable and rustproof while being lightweight. Car doors can also be made of steel and strong plastics. The interior of a car door, referred to as the car door panel, will usually consist of a strong plastic cover, lined with various materials such as leather or vinyl, to blend with the rest of the interior design. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, the car door panel houses controls such as electric window controls, and the locking mechanism for the door.
Whether the model> side door has been damaged, not working properly, needs replacing due to general wear and tear or you're simply renovating your car, it's important when replacing the side door that you purchase a Volvo side door to ensure it's compatible with the make, model and year of your car so that it not only fits your car correctly but also blends in with the design and appearance of your car.
- The Volvo V40 is considered the safest car ever made and has the highest score to ever been awarded by EuroNCAP.
- Volvo is part of the prestigious Premier Automotive Group, which also includes Aston Martin, Land Rover, and Jaguar.
- The Volvo 240 is considered the benchmark by which all car safety standards are set. The 240 is so well identified with driver, passenger, and pedestrian safety that the US government even purchased 24 of them just to test for themselves how safe they were.
- A Volvo is always good for mileage, but the holder of the world record for best mileage is the 1966 Volvo 1800S, which clocked three million miles in 2013. Owner Irvin Gordon had bought the car in 1966.
- To test the strength of their vehicles, Volvo puts them through rigorous tests, including using a machine in their Gothenburg lab that was designed to test how buildings cope in earthquakes.