Used BMW Tailgates
All used BMW Tailgates listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for BMW are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The BMW Bootlid Tailgate is the lifting cover for the boot space on a saloon vehicle or the lifting door on a hatchback or estate vehicle. In the latter it will include the rear window, in the former it will be a solid piece of bodywork.
The Bootlid is attached by hinges to the boot space/luggage compartment at the rear of the vehicle. The hinged BMW Bootlid Tailgate, with the window, lifts, opening the rear end of the passenger compartment. The BMW Bootlid Tailgate will house a heated screen with a wiper/wash system and possibly lighting.
The usual reason for replacement is collision damage.
- Think you know what BMW is an acronym of? If you answered Broke My Wallet, you’re definitely wrong. It really stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke (which is Bavarian Motor Works in English).
- Did you know that BMW built a Lamborghini? The two popular companies decided to make a race car together, but Lamborghini pulled out during the manufacturing process. BMW carried on, and the final result was the original BMW M1 supercar.
- The famous German pilot, the Red Baron, called BMW engines the 'greatest in the world' and ‘the best engine in the war’.
- The main headquarters for BMW in Munich is designed and shaped to look like car parts. There was a whole new 'four-cylinder' building added on in 1973, and there's definitely the look of an engine about the architecture.
- The very first BMW was named the 'Dixi'. They hadn't designed it (it was really an English Austin), and they dropped the name 'Dixi' very quickly, instead opting for the rather more grandiose BMW 3/15 DA-2. Rolls off the tongue!