Used BMW Windscreens
All used BMW Windscreens listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for BMW are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The BMW front windscreen is a protective, curved, glass screen at the front of the car. The BMW front windscreen is made of safety glass, which prevents it from smashing into lots of pieces when broken, fixed to the frame of the car at the front, and is positioned directly in front of the driver and front passenger.
The primary purpose of the BMW windscreen is to prevent debris from the road, such as stones, dirt, twigs, dust and other unwanted materials, from entering the car, offering protection to both the driver and passengers of the vehicle. The BMW front windscreen also shields both driver and passengers from whatever the weather is outside, offering shelter to the occupants of the car. The BMW front windscreen also ensures a smoother drive, enhancing the aerodynamics of the car as a whole.
The driver needs to look through the front windscreen to see the road ahead, so it's imperative that the BMW front windscreen is in perfect condition. Some windscreens have tinted, coloured glass around the side of the windscreen which offers protection from the sun. Some car owners like to fit heated windscreens which can de-mist and de-ice the windscreen in a matter of minutes. There are also windscreens which are fitted with a rain sensor. The windscreen rain sensor is a clever device which automatically switches on the windscreen wipers when it detects rain.
The model> front windscreen is prone to chips, cracks and scratches from debris, such as stones, flying up from the road. Damage such as this can be corrected if minor, but excessive damage to the model> front windscreen may lead to the whole windscreen needing to be replaced.
- One of the reasons older BMWs keep their value is because it's easy to get spare parts for even the oldest models. That's because BMW has carried on making car parts, even for cars that were built in WWII.
- The main headquarters for BMW in Munich is designed and shaped to look like car parts. There was a whole new 'four-cylinder' building added on in 1973, and there's definitely the look of an engine about the architecture.
- The BMW company was founded way back in 1916 and originally manufactured engines for planes. High demand for plane engines during WWI was good news for BMW, but they carried on making plane engines right up until 1945.
- The BMW M1 has a classic look, so it's no surprise that its designer also came up with some other amazing car designs. Giorgetto Giugiaro is also responsible for the DeLorean, the Beretta U22 Neos handgun, and the Nikon D4 camera! Although, he also designed the Yugo, commonly called the worst car that's ever been made.
- Did you know that BMW built a Lamborghini? The two popular companies decided to make a race car together, but Lamborghini pulled out during the manufacturing process. BMW carried on, and the final result was the original BMW M1 supercar.