Used Citroen Step Rears
All used Citroen Step Rears listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Step Rears
The Citroen rear step is a panel that enables people entering or exiting at the rear of the vehicle to step up into the vehicle and step down out of the vehicle with ease.
Fixed below the boot, directly above the rear bumper, the rear step sits directly beneath the rear entrance on the vehicle. The rear step is usually mounted on brackets which are bolted into place. In some models the rear step fits into the structure of the rear bumper itself.
The Citroen rear step provides a secure ledge to step on when entering and exiting the vehicle. Rear steps are usually found on larger vehicles that sit higher off the ground, such as 4x4's, that have the extra fold-down seats in the rear of the vehicle.
Rear steps come in a selection of designs, styles, materials and finishes and these features will be dependent on the make and model of your vehicle. Often rear steps are covered with a chrome or plastic outer which has a non slip strip or tread, which helps with the ease of using the step, especially in wet weather. Rear steps also help to stop mud and water from splashing up onto the bodywork of the car. Many car owners opt to fit a rear step to their vehicle for aesthetic reasons as well as functional. It can be an easy way to modify the look of your car, adding a stylish finish and a more personal touch.
The rear step on a vehicle can be prone to damage and can get dented and knocked or suffer from rust over a period of time and the brackets used to mount the rear step to the car can also corrode and warp out of shape. When fitting a new rear step on your car, choosing the Citroen rear step will guarantee you a part that will be compatible with the make and model of your vehicle, enabling the part to perform at its best and last longer.
- At a recent count, Citroën cars have appeared in just under 1,800 films, with the most famous being the Citroën used in the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Only. That film even had a tie-in car, a special edition Citroën that was emblazoned with the 007 logo and optional bullet hole stickers for the windows.
- In 2019, the Citroën DS was voted in the UK as the 'coolest car ever', with writers and marketers calling it the Brigitte Bardot of cars. In second place was the E-Type Jag…
- John Lennon appeared in an advert for the Citroën DS3, many years after his death. The advert caused quite a lot of public criticism for Yoko Ono, who agreed to the musician's likeness being used.
- Buying Maserati was definitely a mistake for Citroën. The SM model didn't sell well, and that led to financial difficulties that meant the car company was eventually acquired by Peugeot.
- Citroën was the first company to offer credit for buying cars! André Citroën registered a consumer credit company for the sole purpose of providing car buyers with the credit they'd need to buy one of his cars!