Find parts for your car
- Audi (2298) Apply Audi filter
- BMW (2486) Apply BMW filter
- Citroen (2040) Apply Citroen filter
- Ford (14347) Apply Ford filter
- Honda (1602) Apply Honda filter
- Hyundai (1414) Apply Hyundai filter
- Jaguar (946) Apply Jaguar filter
- Kia (1567) Apply Kia filter
- Land Rover (930) Apply Land Rover filter
- MERCEDES (1289) Apply MERCEDES filter
- Mercedes-Benz (1117) Apply Mercedes-Benz filter
- MINI (1670) Apply MINI filter
- Mitsubishi (894) Apply Mitsubishi filter
- Nissan (2039) Apply Nissan filter
- Peugeot (2746) Apply Peugeot filter
- Renault (1983) Apply Renault filter
- SEAT (842) Apply SEAT filter
- Toyota (1819) Apply Toyota filter
- Vauxhall (4950) Apply Vauxhall filter
- Volkswagen (2004) Apply Volkswagen filter
- Accelerator Pedal (5066) Apply Accelerator Pedal filter
- Arch Trim (11386) Apply Arch Trim filter
- Dash Trim (11678) Apply Dash Trim filter
- Door Handle (7370) Apply Door Handle filter
- Door Handle - Exterior (7232) Apply Door Handle - Exterior filter
- Door Handle - Interior (7363) Apply Door Handle - Interior filter
- Door Seal Kick Plate (5066) Apply Door Seal Kick Plate filter
- Heater Surround Trim (11438) Apply Heater Surround Trim filter
- Pedal Covers (5067) Apply Pedal Covers filter
- Pillar Trim Moulding (11386) Apply Pillar Trim Moulding filter
- Rear Van Door Handle (7232) Apply Rear Van Door Handle filter
- Sliding Door Handle Exterior (7232) Apply Sliding Door Handle Exterior filter
- Sun Visor (5770) Apply Sun Visor filter
- Tailgate Plastic/Bottom Trim (11387) Apply Tailgate Plastic/Bottom Trim filter
- Throttle Pedal (5066) Apply Throttle Pedal filter
- Trim (13689) Apply Trim filter
- Trim Across Dash (11386) Apply Trim Across Dash filter
- Trim Around Stereo & Heater (11386) Apply Trim Around Stereo & Heater filter
- Trim Around Vents (11386) Apply Trim Around Vents filter
- Trip Computer (11391) Apply Trip Computer filter
We spend a great deal of time in the car. Indeed, some of us, whose jobs involve a substantial amount of travelling, will spend several years behind the wheel by the time we reach retirement age! For that reason, we should consider investing in some of the interior accessories that are available to make our time in the car more comfortable. Below, we list just ten of the many accessories that are on the market to make our time behind the wheel more of a pleasure than a pain.
Lumbar Support Cushion
Many of us suffer from back pain and this can be exacerbated by spending time in the car. There is a wide range of lumbar supports which, when fitted to a car seat, minimise the incidence of back pain and make the drive more pleasurable for the driver. This useful interior accessory is also available for the passenger seats.
Heated Seat Cushion
Another interior accessory to help to make the journey more comfortable right from the start is a heated seat cushion. With a built-in thermostat to prevent over-heating, the heated seat cushion makes it a pleasure to get into the car on even the coldest of winter mornings.
Heated Steering Wheel Cover
There is nothing worse, on a chilly winter’s morning, than having to clutch a frozen steering wheel. Heated steering wheel covers are designed to combat this problem. They are easy to fit over the steering wheel as and when they are needed and can be safely packed away when the warmer weather arrives.
To prevent damage to the car, other vehicles and the walls of the garage, a parking sensor warns the driver when to slow down and when to stop when parking the car. A parking sensor is an interior accessory that will take the strain out of parking.
Bluetooth Car Location System
To avoid having to search for the car in a crowded car park, a Bluetooth car location system marks the location of the vehicle when it is parked. The location of the car can be found immediately, using a simple application on a mobile phone.
Automatic Heater and Defroster
On those mornings when you cannot wait for the car to heat up and defrost the windscreen, an automatic heater and defroster is the ideal solution. It can be plugged into the vehicle’s cigarette lighter and directed towards the windscreen or the driver and the passengers in the vehicle’s interior to provide the required heat.
The sun in the early morning and late evening is often too low for the standard interior sun visor. A visor extender provides additional dimensions to a car’s standard visor to avoid the driving problems that can be raised by a low sun.
When you park your vehicle on a hot, sunny day, the interior is likely to be almost unbearably warm when you return to it. A battery operated solar fan can keep the inside of the vehicle cool whilst you are away by constantly converting the warm air into colder air until your return.
Retractable Windscreen Sun Shade
To prevent the glare of the sun from making the car feel like a furnace and from damaging the fabric in its interior, a retractable windscreen shade provides ideal protection, allowing you to leave your car in the sunshine for as long as you need to.
Passenger Window Sun Shade
Riding in a car when the sun is shining through the passenger windows can be an uncomfortable experience for passengers, especially children. Pull-up sun shades can be easily attached, through suction cups, to the passenger windows to combat this problem.
The above does not constitute an exhaustive list of the interior motor accessories that are available to make the motoring experience more pleasurable for drivers and passengers but it certainly gives an idea of some of the ways that this can be achieved!