Used Volkswagen Aerial Sat Navs
All used Volkswagen Aerial Sat Navs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Volkswagen are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Aerial Sat Navs
The Volkswagen sat nav aerial enables your car's sat nav unit to communicate with GPS (Global Positioning Satellites) which means it can receive the signal it needs to carry out its job.
The sat nav unit's job is to calculate your car's exact location whilst providing you with the most direct route to your chosen destination. Without the Volkswagen sat nav aerial, the sat nat won't pick up the vital signal it needs to do this job.
Sat nav aerials can be fixed on to the dashboard of the car using a suction cup mount. The best place to fix it is close to the windshield base, providing clear access to the sky and therefore a clear line of sight between the Volkswagen sat nav aerial and the satellites it is communicating with. This enables it to pick up a clear signal and provide accurate data. You can also mount it to the windscreen itself with strong tape. If you are fixing the Volkswagen sat nav aerial to the dashboard or windscreen of the car, it is linked to the GPS with the aerial cable provided with the Volkswagen sat nav aerial. The Volkswagen sat nav aerial can also be mounted to the roof of the car with a magnetic mounting bracket. The sat nav aerial may also need to be secured with screws. A sat nav aerial that is fixed outside on the roof of the car will also have an aerial cable which is fed through the window into the car and connects to the GPS unit.
The Volkswagen sat nav aerial is designed to be durable and to hold its own against adverse weather conditions but general wear and tear will naturally take its toll and you will eventually need to replace your Volkswagen sat nav aerial. If you are experiencing a loss of signal and inaccuracy with the sat nav it is worth looking into whether you need to buy a new Volkswagen sat nav aerial.
- Volkswagen was founded in 1937. It now sells cars in 160 countries, employs 200,000 people worldwide and sold over 6 million vehicles worldwide in 2018.
- There are over 8000 references to Volkswagen on Wikipedia and searching for Volkswagen on Google currently returns about 1,130,000,000 results.
- If you’re ever in Wolfsburg, you may want to visit the Stiftung AutoMuseum which is open Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 5pm, costs 8 Euros to enter and contains over 130 vehicles including the ‘See Golf’ – a seafaring Golf with hydraulic pontoons and the White Beetle on the cover of the Beatles Abbey Road album.
- In 2019, Volkswagen sales worldwide increased by 0.5% to 6,278,300 cars.
- Volkswagen has won the ‘European Car of the Year’ award four times (Golf twice, Polo and Passat).